Innovation High School San Diego, through our corporate and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act partnerships, is dedicated to bringing our students the essential skills needed to discover success in a variety of career paths. We have partnered with universities, vocational schools, trade organizations, and industry leaders to develop exclusive training opportunities for our students. Our centers continue to expand our career-based course offerings, allowing students to earn credit while investigating a potential new career.
Some of our career training programs and partnerships include:
Cisco Labs IT Essentials
- Through a partnership with Cisco®, students learn the fundamentals of computer hardware and operating systems functionality. IT Essentials offers a hands-on, career-oriented learning experience that helps students prepare for the A+ test — a key credential for any IT professional.
- Makerspace offers the latest technologies for students to design, build and create. This workshop provides hands-on experience in mechanics, woodwork and metalwork. Problem solving and functional trial and error inspire students and prepare them for skilled-trade jobs.
- In this course, we teach the essentials of workplace communication and etiquette, basic office machinery and how to apply for a job, including résumé creation. Students graduate with the confidence to successfully complete a job interview.
Additional programs include:
- 3D Printing
- Emergency Medical Responders
- Foundation in Aerial Robotics
- Foundation in Agriculture
- Foundation in Business
- Foundation in Coding
- Intro to Digital Media
- Prints4Life Print Shop
- Skilled Trade Training
We currently offer these programs in our Borrego Springs, National City and Chula Vista locations.