This does not put you on a waiting list nor secure enrollment.
It is simply a request for information and the first step to enroll at Orange County Innovation High.
Charter School Complaint Notice
California Education Code Requirements
California Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4) states the following:
- A charter school shall not discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school for any reason, including, but not limited to, academic performance of the pupil or because the pupil exhibits any of the following characteristics:
- Academically low-achieving
- Economically disadvantaged (determined by eligibility for any free or reduced price meal program)
- English learner
- Foster youth
- Neglected or delinquent
- Sexual orientation
- Pupils with disabilities
- A charter school shall not request a pupil’s records or require the parent, guardian, or pupil to submit the pupil’s records to the charter school before enrollment.
- A charter school shall not encourage a pupil currently attending the charter school to disenroll from the charter school or transfer to another school for any reason (except for suspension or expulsion).
- This notice shall be posted on a charter school’s Internet website and a charter school will provide copies of this notice (1) when a parent, guardian, or pupil inquires about enrollment; (2) before conducting an enrollment lottery, and (3) before disenrollment of a pupil
In order to submit a complaint, complete the Charter School Complaint Form (available at: https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/ch/documents/rescscomplaints.pdf) and submit the form to the charter school authorizer, electronically or in hard copy, to the following location:
Orange County Department of Education
200 Kalmus Dr
Costa Mesa, CA 92628
Phone: (714) 966-4000